Hi guys! Welcome to another blog post. If you follow me on Instagram, you’ll know that I absolutely *love* a good skirt. A lot of you have even messaged me telling me you’ll love skirts but don’t know how to style them.
So here’s a blog post dedicated to SKIRTS!
First thing’s first, when buying a skirt, know what cut would suit your body best. There are so many types of skirts in the market right now, if you’re new to styling skirts, you’re bound to get confused. Here’s a breakdown of my favorite styles:
- The Mini Skirt: The mini skirt pretty much suits every body type and is the easiest to pull off. Being a rather short girl, I love how mini skirts create the illusion that my legs are long and slim! Minis are known to elongate the legs. Pair them with a crop top or a bodysuit and you’re good to go. Also, don’t forget to wear a pair of tights underneath so that you can sit comfortably without having a wardrobe malfunction (oopsie!)
- The Midi Skirt: The midi skirt has been having a moment for quite sometime now! The hemlines of midi skirts hit right below the knee and above the ankle. I love wearing midi skirts to work or at church or any other place that requires me to pull off a modest but stylish look. These are great without being too revealing. Pair them with a shirt for a more modest look or a tank top for a casual affair. If you’re a tall girl, midi skirts will be your best friend!
- The Fit and Flare: One of my regulars, I love a fit and flare skirt. It accentuates your waistline and makes you look feminine and youthful! For those of you who are heavier on your waist and hips, the fit and flare skirt can be just what you’ve been looking out for. Pair it with your favourite top and it’ll hide your tummy in no time! These are also great for making any outfit look all dressed up.
- The Maxi: The ankle length Maxi skirt is undoubtedly one of the most comfortable skirts to wear. I love wearing maxi skirts for all-you-can-eat brunches because it allows me to eat as much as I want without suffocating me 😛 Comment below if you can relate! These are perfect to wear by the beach or at a resort, vacation or even to late night movies when all you’re looking for is comfort without a compromise on style! Best part, you can wear these when you haven’t shaved your legs and no one will be able to tell! 😛
- The Skort: The ‘skort’ is a skirt that is actually a shorts but is covered by a layer that makes it look like a skirt. I hope that wasn’t too confusing. Skorts pretty much give you the comfort of shorts, which means they are very easy to move in and they look just like skirts. These are perfect for the girl who isn’t used to wearing skirts very often!
- The Pleated Skirt: Pleated skirts are super feminine, smart and currently in vogue. Pair them with a dainty pair of heels to get that prim and polished look. These work for pretty much every body type.
- The Asymmetrical Skirt: Skirts with asymmetrical hemlines are the most unique of the lot which also means it gives the person wearing it a very bold and distinguished look. The skirts come with uneven hemlines and go really well for more dressier occasions such as parties, be it formal or casual. They’re definitely a statement piece to say the least! These skirts look best on taller women but if styled properly, can suit a petite frame equally well!So those were some of my favorite types of skirts. I hope you guys got a little more clarity as to what skirts you can wear with what outfit, what skirts go best on your body and what other kind of skirts you can experiment with aside from the basic ones.
I hope you enjoyed reading this post. I definitely enjoyed writing it for you. See you guys in my next post!